COVID-19 (Corona Virus)
Resources and Information
Our Chamber Board is hard at work! Our COVID-19 action supports our community and affected businesses. We’re re asking our Community to fill out this Google document. Tell us how this crisis has affected your your business.
We’re here to help! We’ve already lost one business. Bird’s Nest Salon is closing. Don’t let this happen to you! Tell us what you need, what your business is going through.
We have several resources for our business community in this eblast. Please read on for resources that might be a perfect fit for you!
WOMEN BUSINESS OWNERS VIRTUAL TOWN HALL
WITH INSURANCE COMMISSIONER RICARDO LARA HOSTED BY NAWBO.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 1:30 PM
Women owned business in Malibu are invited to join Vikita Poindexter, National Association of Women Business Owners California (NAWBO-CA) president and CA Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara for a virtual town hall on insurance issues for Women Business Owners during the pandemic. With many businesses experiencing tremendous economic loss, it is imperative for you to have up-to-date information on services and resources.
Wednesday, December 9, 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
To register for the event, visit: www.MalibuCity.org/WomenBizTownHall
$500K Employer Assistance Fund
LA County Grants for small business in the UNINCORPORATED AREAS
ASSISTANCE (PUA) PROGRAM
This is available emergency unemployment assistance program under the federal CARES Act. PUA provides assistance for unemployed or partially unemployed individuals who are not eligible for regular unemployment insurance and who are unable or unavailable to work due to COVID-19 related circumstances.
The Employment Development Department (EDD) will be accepting on-line applications for this program beginning on Tuesday, April 28. Check back on this page for the latest updates.
Benefits can be retroactive to weeks starting on or after February 2, 2020.
Minimum weekly benefit amount of $167 (but weekly amount may be higher and equal the amount provided under regular UI, depending on proof of prior earnings).
PLUS $600 for weeks between March 29, 2020 to July 25, 2020.*
If you or someone you know has a large private collection or accumulation of antiques email your or your friend’s name, phone number, location and description of the collection with photos —
to [email protected] or call 1-855-653-7878
Small Business Administration Loan Application Assistance
SBA approved Centers offer free counseling on SBA services and guidance to fill out the loan applications. They have relationships with small banks and can let you know which one are still accepting applications.
Go to sba.gov/ca/la
Click on the Centers then enter your zip code. They give you a list of centers near you. They have hired many people and you will get a telephone appointment in 24 to 48 hours.
NOTE: PPP budget has been spent. Congress is about to approve a 4th Relief bill to add funds for PPP.
LA County Public Health Mandated Closures
LA County Department of Public Health has mandated certain business closures.
Click here to view the closures—As of March 16, 2020
The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with whatever needs they have right now. When implemented, there will be many new resources available for small businesses, as well as certain non- profits and other employers. This guide provides information about the major programs and initiatives that will soon be available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to address these needs, as well as some additional tax provisions that are outside the scope of SBA.
To keep up to date on when these programs become available, please stay in contact with your local Small Business Administration (SBA) District Office, which you can locate here.
Struggling to get started? The following questions might help point you in the right direction. Do you need:
- Capital to cover the cost of retaining employees? Then the Paycheck Protection Program might be right for you.
- A quick infusion of a smaller amount of cash to cover you right now? You might want to look into an Emergency Economic Injury Grant.
- To ease your fears about keeping up with payments on your current or potential SBA loan? The Small Business Debt Relief Program could help.
- Just some quality, free counseling to help you navigate this uncertain economic time? The resource partners might be your best bet.
Businesses Facing Potential Closure or Layoffs
Employers planning a closure or major layoffs as a result of the coronavirus can get help through the Rapid Response program. Rapid Response teams will meet with you to discuss your needs, help avert potential layoffs, and provide immediate on-site services to assist workers facing job losses. For more information, refer to the Rapid Response Services for Businesses PDF or contact your local America Job Centers of CaliforniaSM.
This program can help lower your businesses Unemployment Insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly.
For The Consumer’s Needs
Photo of white cordless laptop with mouse of the same color near by[/caption] Photo of white cordless laptop with mouse of the same color near by[/caption]As a consumer in the Community—whether you own a business or not—please shop online with our local community! Our businesses have Websites where you can make purchases to support them through social distancing and personal decisions not to shop, for the time being, at brick and mortar stores.
We will update the list accordingly next eblast.
Resources Links List
- Is my business essential?
- Federal Stimulus Bill: Primer
- Business Concierge
- Price Gouging During An Emergency
- Statewide Moratorium on Evictions
- Property Tax Relief
- Business Worker Disaster Help Center
- Digital Hub For Updates
- Temporary Closure of Public Trails and Trailheads, Beaches, Piers, Beach Bike Paths and Beach Access Points
- COVID-19: Utility Bill Relief
- Beware: Fraudulent COVID—19 Websites, Emails & Scams
- 60 Day Extension State Payroll Taxes
- Urgent! COVID-19 Impact on Your Business: Responses Needed
- H.R.6040 Small Business Relief From Communicable Disease Induced Economic Hardship Act of 2020
- Small Business Finance Center Disaster Relief
- Employers Lay-off Aversion Program Resources & Incentives
- Self-Employment Resources: Self-Employed Impacted by COVID-19
- Government Actions Halt Business Evictions
- Workshare Program: Reduced Work Hours
- LAEDC Resources
- From the Office of Congressman Ted Lieu: SBA ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOANS—COVID-19 Disaster Loan Information
- Businesses Facing Potential Closure or Layoffs
- LA County Unemployed Residents
- IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY SICK WITH THE CORONAVIRUS OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED
- If You Are Caring For Someone Who Is Sick